Fake flowers are often promoted as ‘maintenance-free’, ‘no watering needed’, and ‘no responsibility’.
Those are all true, however, incorporating a silk flower into your environment, eventually you will see it accumulate dust. Low-quality artificial flowers can fade from exposure to UV rays. A premium-made handcrafted flower is always best. Even so, dust and dirt can still be a threat.
Here’s how to clean a silk flower properly. Thankfully, it’s easy and quick. You can maintain an artificial flower without breaking the bank.
Types of Tools You Need
- A toothbrush.
- Microfiber cleaning cloth.
- A hairdryer.
- Uncooked rice.
Steps to Clean Your Silk Flower
- A lot of experts recommend bringing your fake flower outside to avoid spreading any dislodged dust indoors.
- Take your cleaning brush and gently wipe each silk flower petal. This should remove all debris and dust.
- Inside the flower, in those hard-to-reach places, use your Q-tip to dig in and remove the excess dust.
- Always go from top to bottom and leaves to stem. Once you’re done wiping leaves, working your way down the stem is the next step. To do this, use a microfiber cloth. They are naturally wonderful at grabbing up dust.
- After you’ve carefully cleaned everything top to bottom, you’re not done yet. Take any fake flower and put it in front of the hairdryer on the lowest heat setting. Take thirty seconds, give it a good blow, and let it sit. This will release all trapped dust that has remained after all your hard work.
Can You Use Salt or Rice to Clean An Artificial Flower?
Yes, salt and rice both can be used to clean certain artificial plants. We prefer the rice method over the salt.
Take an empty bag and place two cups of white uncooked rice inside. If you have any loose stemmed flowers, place them inside the bag and close it. Give everything a good shake. The dried rice is the perfect texture to run over a flower and dust them off. You don’t have to do anything.
Is There Anything Else I Should Know About Cleaning A Silk Flower?
When we buy artificial flowers, we do so because they’re easier to care for and more cost-effective than a real plant.
There’s not much more than that when it comes to taking care of a fake plant. No special temperature, light, or watering is needed. As long as you keep the dust away and buy from a reputable source, you can keep a high-quality fake flower looking its best in perpetuity.
Flowers are a beautiful gift to yourself. If you haven’t jumped on board with handcrafted living flower replicas, check out the selection at ArtiPlanto. You may be surprised at the detail incorporated into every flower. Faux plants have never looked like this. Captured in their best appearance, see artificial flowers the way they were meant to be. Freshly bloomed. Easy to maintain. If a little dust is all you have to worry about, that’s not such a bad deal. Visit ArtiPlanto today.